Listen in to 50 Best Series To Watch When Sick And Bored or scroll to read.
I have compiled a list of my favorite series to watch while sick, bored, and flaring. Why? Because, chronic illness forces us to rest A LOT! There isn’t much we can do when our bodies are screaming out in pain or when void of energy, other than watch TV.
But why a list of television series and not movies? The reason I suggest series over movies is because a flare or time spent recovering from a chronic illness sickness or injury lasts longer than two hours. Also because I personally find comfort in spending days with the same characters. While the plot may change every 30-60 minutes, for the most part, the characters are the same.
Another reason I prefer watching a series while sick and bored over movies is that when my flare ends and I haven’t finished it, I have something to look forward to next time.
Rewatching my favorite series doesn’t require much thinking or concentration on my part when I can barely keep my eyes open. In a weird way, it gives my mind permission to fall asleep. Because let’s be honest, one of the best things we can do when our body is in a state of distress is to rest.
Whether you like dramas, comedies, reality shows, science fiction, or mysteries I have got you covered!!
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission to fund my coffee drinking habit if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra, and you’ll keep me supplied with caffeine. It’s a win for everyone. I am not a medical professional and nothing stated in this article is to be mistaken for medical advice.
Next to each series, I have listed the streaming service you can find them on.
- Jane the Virgin – Netflix
- Desperate Housewives – Hulu
- Devious Maids – Hulu
- Ugly Betty – Hulu
- Dexter – Netflix
- Nurse Jackie – Netflix
- The Crown – Netflix
- Better Call Saul – Netflix
- Breaking Bad – Netflix
- Good Girls – Netflix
- Dead to Me – Netflix
- Gilmore Girls – Netflix
- Doc Martin – Hulu
- Sons of Anarchy – Hulu
- Filthy Rich – Hulu
- Little Fires Everywhere – Hulu
- Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist – Hulu
- Mad Men – Amazon Prime Video
- Downton Abbey – Amazon Prime Video
- How I Met Your Mother – Hulu
- Good Omens – Amazon Prime Video
- Arrested Development – Netflix
- The IT Crowd – Netflix
- The Office – Netflix
- Schitt$ Creek – Netflix
- Kim’s Convenience – Netflix
- Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt – Netflix
- The Santa Clarita Diet – Netflix
- The Good Place – Netflix
- The Golden Girls – Hulu
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine – Hulu
- The Goldbergs – Hulu
- Perfect Harmony – Hulu
- What We Do In The Shadows – Hulu
- Modern Family – Hulu
- The Real Housewives of… My faves are New York, Beverly Hills, and Potomac – Hulu
- Cat Fish – Hulu
- 90 Day Fiance – Hulu
- Keeping Up With The Kardashians – Hulu
- 90 Day The Other Way – Hulu
- Battlestar Galactica – (2004-2009) Amazon Prime Video
- Stranger Things – Netflix
- The Mandalorian – Disney+
- Star Trek – Netflix
- The X-Files – Hulu
- Sherlock – Netflix
- Broadchurch – Netflix
- DCI Banks – Hulu
- Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan – Amazon Prime Video
- Murder She Wrote – Amazon Prime Video
Whatever you watch, make sure it is something that comforts and makes you feel better. Anything that feeds depression is only going to make the time you spend recovering from your flare/illness worse.
With that said, what are some of your favorite series to watch when you are sick and bored?