Here in California, we were issued a 30 stay-at-home order. It went into effect at 11:59 PM on March 19, 2020.
What is a stay-at-home order?
- Only essential businesses remain open
- All restaurant dining is prohibited. Only drive-thru, pick up, or delivery is permitted.
- Senior citizens and those who are high-risk should stay home. They may leave home for medical appointments, to purchase groceries and other essential items.
- Healthy people are to follow the same instructions, but they may go for a walk or hike as long as they practice social distancing while out.
(Rules change daily and rapidly. Click here for updated information.)
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission to fund my coffee drinking habit if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra, and you’ll keep me supplied in caffeine. It’s a win for everyone.
How am I coping?
My life hasn’t changed too much. As someone who has been living with chronic illness for approximately 20 years, I am no stranger to staying at home for extended periods of time. The difference this time is that it is not my illness that is holding me captive, but a virus and my state.
Everyone copes with stress differently. My go-to coping mechanism is humor. This is not to be mistaken for claiming ignorance and ignoring what is going on. I have been and continue to learn as much as I can cram into my brain.
Laughter is an instant vacation! ~Milton Berle #HighRiskCovid19 #laughteristhebestedicine
For me, laughter is what helps me decompress. If all I did was read and watch everything related to what is going on I would lose my mind. NO JOKE. Seeking out things that make me laugh is how I balance the stressful updates given out daily from Governor Newsom.
Life is better when you are laughing! #HighRiskCovid19
Coping with Memes
In addition to watching funny movies and shows, I look for memes that literally make me laugh out loud!
Coping with isolation
Coping with lack of toilet paper and food
How are you coping with the latest COVID-19 events?
Having trouble coping with chronic pain?
- Five Types of Wearable Pain Relief Devices for Muscle and Joint Pain From Fibromyalgia and Arthritis
- 40 Fibromyalgia Flare Fighting Products
- Four Wearable Pain Relief Devices for Fibromyalgia and Arthritis
See what others chose for their word of the week!
Read last week’s Word of the Week