Are you ready for your next fibromyalgia flare?
Pain from fibromyalgia is unpredictable.
Where it occurs may change daily and sometimes even hourly!
When will your next flare strike? How long will it stay? Your guess is a good as mine.
Chronic pain from fibromyalgia creates reactionary pain, which makes it impossible to reach restorative levels of sleep, and flat out makes a mess of our lives.
There is no cure for #fibromyalgia , but there are ways to fight the #pain it inflicts! #chronicpainTweet
With doctors less willing to prescribe essential pain relief medication, patients have to find other ways to relieve their chronic pain. Today I am sharing some of my favorite pain-relieving products. Plus other products to help you find what works best for you
Comfort comes in many forms. You may have specific areas that require attention or your entire body may demand comforting. You may require the use of one or more of the following products.
Here are forty pain-fighting product suggestions.
This post was updated on August 19, 2021.
Nothing stated in this article should be confused or mistaken for medical advice. Always consult with your physician when making changes to how you treat your chronic illness and/or pain.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission to fund my coffee drinking habit if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra, and you’ll keep me supplied with caffeine. It’s a win for everyone, really. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Devices to Reduce Fibromyalgia Flare Pain
- .PEMF Therapy: It uses pulsed electromagnetic fields to reduce pain and inflammation. I have been using it daily since March of 2017 and have significantly reduced many of my painful fibromyalgia symptoms. Check out these PEMF device options.
- Quell is a wearable technology that uses prescription strength nerve stimulation to provide relief from chronic pain. Quell stimulates sensory nerves to block pain signals.
- BioWaveGO is an FDA approved pain relief device that delivers therapeutic electrical stimulation straight to the source of pain deep within the tissue
- TENS Unit A TENS unit delivers low-voltage pulses to the skin to stimulate and relax muscles.
- EMS Foot Massagers contract and relax the foot and calf muscles at different rhythms to reduce swelling and pain in the feet and legs.
- Hand-Held Deep Tissue Massager can help relax and relieve pains on feet, calf, shoulders, neck, back, muscle, arms, and legs.
- Acupuncture Pen relieves pain from shoulders, knees, nerves, ankles, muscles, tennis elbow, and more.
- Thera Cane Massager makes it easy to apply pain-relieving deep compression directly to hard knotted points anywhere on your body, breaking up tension in even the hardest to reach muscle areas.
- Vibration Plates are typically used as a weight-loss tool. However, they also improve circulation which helps fight leg pain.
- Ice rollers provide relief from migraines and facial inflammation.
- Back Traction Device helps to relieve lower back pain
- Chiropractic Pillow – Neck and Shoulder Relaxer Cervical Pillow Neck Traction Device relieves pain from pinched nerves, herniated discs, poor spine alignment, compressed discs, headaches, & jaw pain.
- Inflatable cervical neck traction device and brace
- Lower back stretcher lumbar support
- Shiatsu Neck and shoulder massager with heat
- Pelvic Clock Prevents and relieves chronic hip & back pain
Lotions and Potions
- Pain Potion is a blend of organic herbs and alcohol that helps to relieve pain. This product has replaced over-counter-pain medications like Tylenol and Ibuprofen in my home.
- Morpho Topical CBD works externally to provide pain relief at centralized locations.
- Superior CBD Oil promotes calm & relaxation
- Magic Muscle Ease uses arnica and magnesium to soothe sore muscles.
- Earthley Wellness Anxiety Calm Oil is a combination of herbs and hemp oil that promotes calmness.
- Frankincense & Myrrh Neuropathy Rubbing Oil relieves foot and hand nerve pain caused by diabetes, chemotherapy, and other peripheral nerve conditions.
- Boiron Arnicare Gel relieves relieve muscle pain & stiffness.
- Sub Zero Cooling Pain Relief Gel with Cats Claw delivers effective and fast pain relief to sore muscles, strains, spasms, and stress.
- Earthley Wellness Pain Relief Rub combines natural pain-relieving herbs like St. John’s Wort and yarrow with full-spectrum CBD to help ease the pain.
- Hemp bath bombs enjoy a muscle relaxing bath.
Wraps, Mats & Belts
- Ice Wraps reduce swelling and pain and are flexible to fit your back, shoulder, knee, and hip.
- Heat Wraps can help ease pain in joints, muscles, and soft tissues, reduce stiffness in the muscles and joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Acupressure Mat fights headaches, promotes blood circulation, relieves insomnia, relieves back and neck pain, sciatica, relieves muscle tension, improves sleep and releases stress.
- Spinal Decompression Back Belt reduces muscle fatigue and swelling, transfers weight off your spine and helps to give you immediate & lasting relief from the herniated disc, sciatica, and other back discomforts.
- Inversion table with heat and massage
- Far Infrared heating back belt emits Far Infrared Rays that penetrates the inner regions of tissues and muscles, providing best relief from lower back pain, stress, sprains, sore muscles, joint strains, muscle pain spasms, and more.
- TENDLITE Red Light Therapy Device this FDA cleared medical device uses natural red light therapy to reduce aches and pains.
Blankets, Cushions & Gloves for Fibromyalgia Flare Comfort
- Weighted Blankets soothe a sore body while also reducing stress and anxiety to help you get a better night’s sleep.
- Full body pillows provide additional comfort. I also use mine to help reduce pressure on my shoulders, knees, and hips while lying in bed or on the sofa.
- Shiatsu massaging seat cushion
- Compression gloves relieve pain in tendons, muscles and joints by reducing stress on pressure points.
- Compression foot sleeves relieve aching heels and sore foot arches.
- Coccyx cushions provide lower back and sciatica pain relief.
- Knee pillows keep your knees separated with ideal spacing and support to align your legs, hips and spine.
Which fibromyalgia flare fighting products have you tried and/or what would you like to try?