*Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. Meaning that at no additional cost to you, I receive a commission when you make a purchase through my links. The proceeds earned fund the giveaways I host in my Facebook groups.
What you see versus what’s really going on…….
Take a look at the photo above.
What do you see?
If I was someone who wasn’t with me at the time I might assume the following:
- She is not using a mobility aid
- She has full mobility
- She has the energy to spend all day at a theme park
- She’s having fun with her daughter
Only one of those observations is true!
- My rollator is parked next to the photographer.
- My hip almost dislocated while attempting this pose, my pemf device is under my shirt providing treatment to my spine and ribcage allowing me to be on my feet, and my knee was swelling from walking.
- I did NOT spend an entire day at the park or on my feet. That evening, we spent 4 hours in the park and I periodically sat down to rest my body. I can do a full day, but that requires my wheelchair until my pre-injury stamina returns.
- Yes, I had a blast with my daughter. I love that after so many years of suffering from debilitating pain, my daily
I love that after so many years of suffering from debilitating pain, my daily chronic pain from fibromyalgia, psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis, and degenerative disc disease is lower than it has ever been.
I’m not lucky nor have I been cured.
What I am is someone who refused to believe her doctors when they said I was as good as I would ever be or that nothing could be done.
I refused to accept that there was only one way to combat my chronic pain. I got to know my body and searched out the sources of my pain.Tweet
I tried new things. Not everything worked, but what did work, worked wonders.
I didn’t go from not being able to stand, sit or walk for 5 minutes, and having to be driven everywhere in 2012 to where I am today waiting on a miracle.
I worked hard and continue to do so in order to maintain a lower pain level
It was the inflammation and pain reduction that I first experienced with PEMF therapy with Oska Pulse that made it possible to exercise again after not being able to for over a decade. Click here to learn more about this amazing drug-free pain relieving device and save $55 when you enter my discount code DIVA at checkout!
What’s the point of this post?
Don’t make assumptions, look deeper, ask questions, try something different, and most importantly, NEVER GIVE UP!!
Disclosure: I am not a medical professional. I am not issuing medical advice. Only you can decide what is best for you. As always, be sure to discuss changes to your pain management plan with your medical team.