You may not even realize it, but the personal care products you love may be making you sicker than you really are, or they may be triggering symptoms from your chronic illness.
Whether I have felt a difference in my pain level or not, I do not regret changing out many of my old personal care products with natural and organic products.
Because down the road, we don’t know how the chemicals that we mindlessly apply to our bodies will affect us. I prefer to be safe rather than sorry.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. I am an Amazon and Walmart affiliate. I may earn a small commission to fund my Disney obsession if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra and will keep me supplied with Pixie Dust and Mickey pretzels. It’s a win for everyone. I am not a medical professional, and nothing stated in this article should be mistaken for medical advice…
Replace Personal Care Products that are Filled with Chemicals
Here are a few of the items that have replaced chemical-filled products in my home.
- Good Night Lotion: It contains magnesium and lavender essential oils to help me fall and stay asleep.
- Soothing Skin Balm: Takes the redness and itch out of my daughter’s eczema.
- Facial cleansing and care products: Charcoal Soap has replaced all my facial cleansing products. I use it along with Tone Me, Rejuvenate Me! Facial Serum, and Moisturize Me! My skin has never felt softer or smoother, and I have never felt better about what I am putting on my face.
- Sunscreen: A few options I recommend are: Sun Shield, Two Peas Organics, and COOLA Organic Sun Care.
- Body soap and wash: Avalon Organics Nourishing Lavender Bath & Shower Gel, Oatmeal and Honey Soap, and Tree To Tub.
- Body lotions: Whipped Body Butter from Earthley, HEMPZ Pure Herbal Extract: Original Herbal Body Moisturizer, and The Naked Bee Moisturizing Hand & Body Lotion.
These are just a handful of personal care products that I have replaced.
As you may have noticed, natural and organic products often cost more than their chemical-filled counterparts, but as I have noticed, I need less and actually end up saving money.
The world is filled with harmful chemicals, the best we can do is to limit what we allow to go on and into our skin!Tweet