Finding the PEMF Device That Fits Your Needs is now available in an audio format – press play to listen or continue reading.
Choosing a PEMF pain relief device is not an easy decision. There are many things to consider when comparing PEMF (pulsed electromagnetic fields) devices.
How much will it cost?
Does it address your needs?
Will it fit your lifestyle?
Throughout the past two years, I have shared how PEMF therapy has relieved most of my chronic pain, but how it has also addressed many other debilitating symptoms from my chronic illnesses.
*Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. Meaning that at no additional cost to you, I receive a commission when you make a purchase through my links.
What is PEMF therapy?
What you may not know is how PEMF therapy might benefit you. I am including a plethora of third-party reports detailing how PEMF therapy has been shown to improve specific diseases and symptoms. Click here to access reports.
If that isn’t enough to convince you, you may want to check out PEMF – The Fifth Element of Health: Learn Why Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy Supercharges Your Health Like Nothing Else! By Bryant A. Meyers
This book explains how the new science of PEMF therapy (a branch of energy medicine), based on modern quantum field theory, is the solution to this problem, with the many benefits listed below:
- Eliminate pain and inflammation naturally.
- Get deep, rejuvenating sleep.
- Increase your energy and vitality.
- Feel younger, stronger, and more flexible.
- Keep your bones strong and healthy.
- Help your body with healing and regeneration.
- Improve circulation and heart health.
- Plus many more benefits.
Click here to order PEMF – The Fifth Element of Health: Learn Why Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy Supercharges Your Health Like Nothing Else! By Bryant A. Meyers in paperback or Kindle version.
Now let’s talk about the devices!
As you know, I use the Oska Pulse from Oska Wellness. But did you know that there are other brands available too? Below are some options, including Oska Pulse, to help you decide which product is best for you.
1. Oska Pulse
Instead of just blocking pain, Oska Pulse works at the cellular level to provide longer-term pain relief, increase circulation, reduce inflammation and improve mobility.
Oska Pulse uses Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Technology to boost the body’s ability to repair injured cells.
Oska Pulse does not need to be in direct contact with the skin to be effective and there is no tingling or sensitivity. 100% drug-free Oska Pulse is an FDA-registered alternative to opioids for the ongoing relief of back, knee, neck, joint, muscle and chronic pain.
There are no known side effects and it cannot be overused. I run treatments anywhere between 4-10 hours a day, depending on my pain level and what symptoms I am addressing.
Oska Pulse oscillates through a series of frequencies during its programmed 30-minute operation cycle. All frequencies are within the range of 1 -150Hz. The intensity of the PEMF (pulsed electromagnetic field) is approximately 0.9milliTesla, which is similar to the output of a television remote control.
- The device only has a 22-inch radius and works best within a 10-inch range, limiting the area of your body that is being treated at a time. Cannot treat shoulder and feet at the same time.
- Treatments last 90 minutes. While an improvement from the original version’s 30 minute treatment time, it isn’t long enough to use for all night use.
Pros of this PEMF device
The ten-inch range can treat areas near the location you choose to treat. Click here to see a demonstration. It comes with a strap to place the device on your body so you can continue on with your life. I wear and run my device from the moment I wake up and until I go to bed.
The device is portable and doesn’t have to be plugged in to use. It can be used anywhere. Oska Pulse is eligible for Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account reimbursement. I have a secret discount code for $55 off of an Oska Pulse device. Request it here.
2. OMI Ring PEMF Therapy Pulsed Electro Magnetic Field Therapy System
The OMI PEMF Therapy Ring is designed for use with extremities, joints, head or neck areas. It measures a little over 8 inches across in the center. It is not flexible and does not open.
The OMI PEMF Therapy Ring provides a field strength between 20 and 70 Microtesla depending on the frequency being used. The OMI PEMF Therapy Ring uses a square wave. The electromagnetic pulses on this device go towards the center of the ring which provides direct nerve and cell stimulation for specific or targeted areas. Since the pulses of this PEMF therapy ring go towards the center of the ring, it is NOT recommended for back areas as there is little effect outside the ring itself.
- The device is not flexible and cannot be used on backs.
- It is not portable and must be plugged in while in use.
- Received great reviews for helping with pain in feet, legs, arms, and neck. Qualifies for 6-month financing via Amazon Store Card. Click here for details.
3. The OMI PEMF Therapy Pad
This device is battery operated only. (4 AAA Batteries Included)
Some of the most common uses for the Pulse Pad include Minor Pain Relief, Stress Relief, Reduced Inflammation, and Increased Circulation.
The OMI PEMF Therapy Pulse Pad is designed for use with any local body application. It measures a little over 6 X 10 inches across in the center.
It is soft but not flexible, provides a field strength between 20 and 30 Microtesla, and uses square wave. The pulses from this device are from the applicator side of the pad which provides direct nerve or cell stimulation for specific areas.
- The ongoing cost of replacing batteries. Not able to wear and go about your life.
- Ability to take with you.
4. OMI Full Body Pulsed Electro Magnetic Field Therapy System
The full body OMI PEMF Therapy Mat is used for assistance with a wide variety of health concerns that include: Pain Relief including Chronic Pain, Stress Relief, Reduced Inflammation, Increased Circulation, Better Sleep and many more.
The OMI PEMF Therapy Mat is designed for full body use and measures 65 X 20 inches and has a quad fold design for compact storage. The OMI PEMF Therapy mat provides a field strength between 20 and 66 Microtesla depending on the frequency being used and it uses a square wave.
It has 8 pure copper coils. These copper coils provide even pulsed electromagnetic fields to the whole body. The pulses from this device are from the top side of the mat which provide direct nerve and cell stimulation for the whole body.
- Not able to use on the go.
- Folds easy for travel and storage. Receive treatment while you sleep.
5. MediCrystal Bio-magnetic Photon Amethyst Agate Mat
It may bring immediate soothing for joint, muscle, and soft tissue pains and stiffness, reduce or eliminate arthritis, rheumatism, chemotherapy, Lyme, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis symptoms, insomnia, sports trauma, minor strains, and other conditions. The Midsize mat is easy to handle yet enough big for whole-body therapy.
Cons of this PEMF device
- Not wearable
- Comes in two different sizes. Treats entire body while sleeping. Click here to find out how to get a free pillow!
ActiPatch is the second PEMF therapy that I have tested and used. It is lightweight and small. Because of its size, this device can be worn under clothing without anyone noticing that you are wearing it. They offer bands to hold in place. Or you can use any piece of Velcro or even something as simple as a Band-aid!
ActiPatch offers clinically proven knee pain relief that works around the clock, with no drugs, electrical shocks, or creams
- Shown to reduce pain, increase physical activity and improve overall or quality of life in people with osteoarthritis of the knee
- Beloved by Britain. More than 1 million units sold worldwide!
- ActiPatch helps retrain your nerves—teaching them to send pain signals normally again. Using rapidly pulsing electromagnetic waves that are low enough so you cannot feel them, but high enough to provide benefits, ActiPatch “teaches” your “over-reactive” nerves to signal correctly again
- Great alternative to pills (NSAIDS or even opioids), CBD creams and oils, knee braces, ice, cold/hot wraps and TENS treatments
Just place the wire loop over the area where you’ve got pain (so the painful area is inside the device’s loop), attach it with tape, and wear it up to 24 hours a day—you can even sleep and shower with it on.
- ActiPatch Advanced 24-Hour Pain Relief Device
- Actipatch All-in-One, Back Knee Muscle & Joint Therapy Device.
- Refill Device
- Turn off when you are done or run all the time
- Cost to see if PEMF therapy is something you want to invest in
Cons of this PEMF device
- If ran 24 hours a day, the device only lasts for one month
- Need to order replacements often
- No indicator of how much battery life is left. User must keep track of how many hours they have used it
- Can become costly over time.\
Disclaimer: Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed healthcare professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Prices and product availability may change without notice.
Tips for using a PEMF device for pain-relief
- Hydration is key! Drink plenty of water!
- Use daily!
- Place near or on the source of pain!
- Be patient! Long term chronic pain will take longer to relieve than new pains. Do not give up. My devices relieve fresh pains within hours. Long term pains took 2-6 months of daily use for 5-10 hours a day before I felt relief.