I’ve lost count of the number of times a new health issue has been dismissed by medical professionals. They have blamed my chronic illnesses, weight, depression, and any alternative treatment that wasn’t their idea or prescribed by them. Today I am going to share a few examples of how the healthcare system has failed me time and again what needs to be done. Not every new health issue was life threatening, but there was still a death. In all these examples a portion of my life was murdered because of the time I had to spend seeking answers and help.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission to fund my coffee drinking habit if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra, and you’ll keep me supplied with caffeine. It’s a win for everyone.
- Pain and immobility in my right knee. For eight years doctors blamed my weight and lack of exercise. Final diagnosis? Loose cartilage and bone fragments that were getting caught in the joint. Surgery was needed to fix it. No amount of weight loss or exercise would have made a difference.
- Botched hysterectomy. For TWO years, the pain that I was experiencing from what would later be revealed as gross negligence by the surgeon who performed my hysterectomy was blamed on depression, lack of exercise, weight, and fibromyalgia. Not only did I lose two years of my life, I also drained my bank account having to go from one surgeon to the next, a total of 21.
- Adhesions strangling my bowels. Last year I spent NINE months getting nowhere with my physicians who all wanted to diagnose me with gastrointestinal issues but couldn’t because each test came back negative. Refusing to perform surgery their only answer was to give me morphine, which I refused. No drug was going to solve my problem. When I asked them about ultrasound therapy, I was told that it wasn’t a known therapy within my healthcare provider’s plan and that they wouldn’t be looking into it. Thankfully in March, a chronic pain buddy shared how using PEMF therapy had helped her recover from her latest endometriosis surgery. I decided to perform an experiment to see if it would help release my adhesions. Praise God it worked! Soon after I began using it daily my bowels were released, I no longer suffered from bouts of adhesions ripping from my sidewall or internal organs, and gone were all of my GI issues. I have no idea how much longer my internal organs could have sustained the torture and damage that was taking place, and thanks to my Oska Pulse I didn’t have to find out. Fast forward to Aug. 22nd, 2017 when I shared how PEMF therapy resolved my issues from last year with my physician. Doctor’s response? “Oh, that is nice”!!!! Seriously, she addressed me like I was a toddler showing off the macaroni necklace I made in preschool.
- GI issues. Last year while dealing with example number 3, my symptoms included many gastrointestinal problems like nausea and diarrhea. Most doctors blamed my diet, some suggested I needed a psychiatrist, and one blamed medical marijuana. Again, ALL were WRONG!! As you read in example number 3, they were all symptoms of having my bowels strangled by abdominal adhesions.
- Abdominal muscle ripping and swelling. Currently, my doctors have decided to fixate on a mole that ripped. It is not the problem, it was the result of the swelling and ripping of an abdominal muscle. This new pain, which is nothing like having adhesions ripped from my sidewall or internal organs, and struck like lightning on the morning of Aug. 2, 2017. Instead of ordering anything beyond the removal of the mole, which the dermatologist deemed fine, nothing is being done to figure out what damage has been done or is going on. Instead, I have been told to wait and see where my pain level is in a few weeks and to come back if it gets worse. Seriously? How much worst does it need to get?!!
My question is this: HOW MUCH WORSE DOES IT HAVE TO GET!!!!!??????!!!!!!!
Seriously??!!! Do I need to be on the verge of death? That’s exactly what happened to someone I love dearly. Her complaints of abdominal pain were dismissed as chronic pain at every ER and doctor visit. The true nature of her problem wasn’t discovered or addressed until it came dangerously close to killing her.
THIS IS NOT HEALTHCARE!
IT IS A DEATH SENTENCE!
I have lost faith in the medical community. It doesn’t even matter if they would be able to treat my current condition or not, they aren’t even willing to figure out what’s wrong with me and so many others. I am once again forced to self treat myself and seek alternative therapies, but this time is different because I am not sure what the issue is. If at the very least they could provide me with a diagnosis, I could use that information in my research.
Doctors take an oath to do no harm, yet that is exactly what they are doing to me and others who suffer from a chronic illness, depression, or happen to be overweight. It is heartbreaking to think that the people we are supposed to trust to heal or care for us are the ones doing the most damage.
Will my new pain kill me? I have no idea. How can I when I don’t really know what is wrong? All I can do is guess….. One thing it has killed is the life I worked so hard to achieve, one in which I was using my wheelchair less and less and had hope of someday not having to use it at all. Until the source of pain is found and addressed I must make adjustments to how I live. I have to figure out what if any physical movements can be done without increasing my pain or causing more damage to that muscle. How much pain can I handle, how far can I walk, sit, or stand for again? How much longer is it going to take me to recover from outings? Rest assured, this is the only aspect of my life that will be changing. I still plan on traveling and whooping it up at Disneyland, no amount of pain is going to keep me from living passionately or purposefully!!!!
In the meantime, I am have begun treating it with Oska Pulse. Will it help? I don’t know, but I am definitely putting it to the test! Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter to receive updates on my progress. Whether it helps with this issue or not really doesn’t matter. What does is the improvements I have experienced in relation to psoriatic arthritis, fibromyalgia, and endometriosis. I can’t imagine going through this if I was constantly flaring from my other conditions too.
So what needs to be done?
Doctors need to LISTEN, LOOK, AND KEEP LOOKING!!!
Doctors need to STOP GIVING UP
Doctors need to STOP WAITING FOR SIGNS OF DEATH
Doctors need to THROW THEIR PROTOCOLS OUT THE WINDOW! They need to be anatomy detectives! I am not saying that I expect them to be able to cure every condition or disease, but for crying out loud it shouldn’t be too much to expect them to find the source!!!!
I want to hear from you!
Have you had pain or condition ignored or dismissed because of a chronic illness, depression, or weight? How much time from your life did you lose? How much money was wasted on useless tests to rule out unrelated problems or as each doctor passed you off onto another who was just as unwilling to help? Did you ever get the help and care you needed? If so, was it from a medical professional, or did you have to take matters into your own hands? I want to hear from you!