There is much to think about when choosing whether to rent a wheelchair from Disneyland or an outside vendor. For guests that don’t use a wheelchair on a regular basis yet need one for extended outings, choosing where to rent a wheelchair can be confusing. To help you decide, I compiled this list of pros and cons for renting one from Disneyland or from an outside vendor.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission to fund my Disney obsession if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra and will keep me supplied with Pixie dust and Mickey pretzels. It’s a win for everyone. I am not a medical professional, and nothing stated in this article should be mistaken for medical advice…
Pros of Renting a Wheelchair From Disneyland:
- Wide seats
- Wheelchairs and ECVs have pockets/baskets for your personal belongings
- Wheelchairs have cup holders
- The rental location is conveniently located in the Esplanade.
Cons of Renting a Wheelchair From Disneyland:
- You will spend more money renting from the park when visiting for 3 or more days.
- Disneyland wheelchairs and ECVs can NOT leave the parks. Renting from the park is not an option for you if you plan on spending time in the Downtown District, eating at any of the Disneyland Resort Hotels, or if you need to return to your room for a nap.
- Disneyland wheelchairs and ECVs can NOT be reserved. If you are not planning on arriving early, you may find that there aren’t any available.
- If you do not arrive within the hour prior to park opening, the time needed to rent your wheelchair/ECV will cut into prime park time. Mornings are the best for getting on rides quickly.
Pros of Renting From an Outside Vendor
- Most outside vendors offer a variety of wheelchair/ECV styles.
- Most outside vendors offer delivery and pick up of your wheelchair/ECV at your hotel.
- You can take your wheelchair/ECV anywhere!!! This perk allows you to return to your hotel for a nap, to visit the Downtown District, or to eat off property.
- When staying for 3 or more days, your rental cost will likely be less than renting from Disneyland.
- Reservations can and should be made.
Con of Renting From an Outside Vendor
Choosing an outside vendor. At the end of this post, I have provided links to a few vendors. I also suggest asking the hotel that you are planning to stay at for recommendations, as they may offer you a discount to rent from a particular vendor.
I hope this helps you in the planning of your first or next Disneyland Vacation!