Service dog relief areas at the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World
Service dogs may relieve themselves in any open outdoor area as long as their owners pick up after them and leave the area clean. There are also relief areas designated for service dogs to relieve themselves throughout the parks. Where ever your service animal ends up relieving themselves, be sure to be a courteous guest and pick up after them. Here is a list for each park:
Esplanade: Kennel Club
- Frontierland – Frontierland/Fantasyland transition area: Easy to access.
- Fantasyland – Planter across from “Small World”: This area is filled with soft grass and a fire hydrant, however because Disneyland is now using the area in front of this relief area as a reserved seating area for certain parades, it is not easy to get to. We had to go through several lines of ropes and people who were in line for Small World to access this spot. Not too bad for someone one foot, but extremely hard for someone in a wheelchair.
- New Orleans Square – Fountain area planter on right near the Train Station and Haunted Mansion. This is another hard to access area, especially for wheelchairs as the overflow line for the Haunted Mansion blocks it.
- Central Plaza service animal break area located between Main Street and Pixie Hollow. Not a large area and often blocked because of people waiting for a parade.
- Grizzly Peak – Behind Grizzly River Run next to the smoking section (near “Grizzly Peak Pass” sign): This is an excellent location as it isn’t confined to a small area nor is it ever blocked by crowds.
- A Bug’s Land – Flik’s Fun Fair, main path on left: Easy to access.
- Paradise Pier – Access gate between Seaside Souvenirs and The Little Mermaid- Ariel’s Undersea Adventure extended queue. Easy to access except when there is a parade.
Walt Disney World
Magic Kingdom Park
- Adventureland: Adjacent to Pirates of the Caribbean
- Frontierland: Adjacent to Tom Sawyer Island
- Liberty Square: Adjacent to Liberty Tree Inn
- Fantasyland: Behind The Barnstormer
- Tomorrowland: By Space Mountain Restrooms
- Future World East: next to restrooms behind MouseGear
- Future World West: next to Imagination! restrooms
- United Kingdom: right of restrooms
- Norway: left across from area restrooms
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- In the courtyard of First Aid
- Echo Lake: Next to ABC Sound Studio restrooms
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
- Camp Minnie-Mickey: Planter to left of area restrooms
- DinoLand U.S.A.: Planter next to Restaurantosarus restrooms
- Asia: Planter to right of Maharajah Jungle Trek restrooms
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch: Planter to right of Conservation Station entrance
Hope this helps to make your first or next visit to the Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World a magical one!