All over social media people are sharing what they are thankful for each day during the month of November. Because I always forget to post what I am thankful for and then feel the need to throw a bunch into one post, I decided that the easiest way would be to post all 30 days into one blog post. So here it is:
30 Things that I am thankful for:
1. My mom. She gave me life. She is my friend. I can and do spend hours on the phone with her. We did this even when we only lived a few miles from each other. We are never at a loss when it comes to conversation.
2. My husband. He is my best friend. He is the most patient person I know. I liken him to a saint for putting up with my illnesses, pain, and mood swings. He has always believed my pain even when others, including doctors, didn’t.
3. My son. I am proud to be his mother. He has grown into a fine young man that earns a living by following his three passions: performing, teaching, and helping.
4. My daughter. She is a beautiful young lady with a world of possibility before her. I love that like her brother she has passions that she too is willing to work hard at.
5. My daughter in-law. She loves my son fiercely and for that I love her. Like my son, she has dreams and isn’t afraid to pursue them.
6. My friends and family that are understanding when I have to cancel plans because I am not feeling well.
7. I am thankful that my conditions are chronic and not terminal.
8. I am thankful for Netflix and Hulu. They have kept me entertained while stuck in bed.
9. I am thankful for my cats. I love that they spend most of their day in bed with me.
10. I am thankful for my wheelchair. Without it I wouldn’t be able to go out as often as I do.
11. I am thankful for good neighbors that are always looking out for me.
12. I am thankful heating pads and ice packs.
13. I am thankful that I live close enough to Disneyland to be able to enjoy it often.
14. I am thankful that Medical Marijuana is legal in California.
15. I am thankful for Marijuana, my conditions would be unbearable without it.
16. I am thankful for my best friend. Doesn’t matter if we live a few blocks or a few hundred miles from each other, we will always be close.
17. I am thankful for foggy mornings. I like when the day starts the same as my body does.
18. I am thankful for hair color! Just because I am fine with getting older, doesn’t mean I want to be gray.
19. I am thankful for my birthday this month. With each year I am reminded of how lucky I am.
20. I am thankful for fleece slippers, robes, pj’s, and blankets, I would never survive winter without them.
21. Although frustrating, I am thankful for the negative medical test results. They may not provide me with answers, but I can be thankful that I don’t have a terminal illness.
22. I am thankful that I am able to accept my chronic illnesses and pain. It has made living a lot easier than when I would spend all my energy fighting it.
23. I am thankful for all the wonderful people that I have met via social media that also suffer from chronic pain.
24. I am thankful for being able to take naps when my body demands them.
25. I am thankful for a comfy bed.
26. I am thankful for the time I do get to spend with friends and family.
27. I am thankful for friends and family that don’t feel the need to fix me.
28. I am thankful for maternity clothing even though I am not pregnant. They sure make suffering with abdominal pain a little less painful.
29. I am thankful for food on the table and a roof over my head.
30. And last but not least I am thankful for all that I have experienced in life. The good, the bad, and the ugly, I have learned so much from them all.
What are you thankful for?
Tagged: arthritis, California, chronic illness, Disneyland, fibro, fibromyalgia, give thanks, health, Hulu, invisible disabilities, marijuana, medical marijuana, medicinal marijuana, month of thanks, MS, netflix, november, pain, pain pals, psoriatic arthritis, social media, spoonie, thanksgiving, wheelchair