All over social media people are sharing what they are thankful for each day during the month of November. Because I always forget to post what I am thankful for and then feel the need to throw a bunch into one post, I decided that the easiest way would be to post all 30 days into one blog post. So here it is:
30 Things that I am thankful for:
1. My mom. She gave me life. She is my friend. I can and do spend hours on the phone with her. We did this even when we only lived a few miles from each other. We are never at a loss when it comes to conversation.
2. My husband. He is my best friend. He is the most patient person I know. I liken him to a saint for putting up with my illnesses, pain, and mood swings. He has always believed my pain even when others, including doctors, didn’t.
3. My son. I am proud to be his mother. He has grown into a fine young man that earns a living by following his three passions: performing, teaching, and helping.
4. My daughter. She is a beautiful young lady with a world of possibility before her. I love that like her brother she has passions that she too is willing to work hard at.
5. My daughter in-law. She loves my son fiercely and for that I love her. Like my son, she has dreams and isn’t afraid to pursue them.
6. My friends and family that are understanding when I have to cancel plans because I am not feeling well.
7. I am thankful that my conditions are chronic and not terminal.
8. I am thankful for Netflix and Hulu. They have kept me entertained while stuck in bed.
9. I am thankful for my cats. I love that they spend most of their day in bed with me.
10. I am thankful for my wheelchair. Without it I wouldn’t be able to go out as often as I do.
11. I am thankful for good neighbors that are always looking out for me.
12. I am thankful heating pads and ice packs.
13. I am thankful that I live close enough to Disneyland to be able to enjoy it often.
14. I am thankful that Medical Marijuana is legal in California.
15. I am thankful for Marijuana, my conditions would be unbearable without it.
16. I am thankful for my best friend. Doesn’t matter if we live a few blocks or a few hundred miles from each other, we will always be close.
17. I am thankful for foggy mornings. I like when the day starts the same as my body does.
18. I am thankful for hair color! Just because I am fine with getting older, doesn’t mean I want to be gray.
19. I am thankful for my birthday this month. With each year I am reminded of how lucky I am.
20. I am thankful for fleece slippers, robes, pj’s, and blankets, I would never survive winter without them.
21. Although frustrating, I am thankful for the negative medical test results. They may not provide me with answers, but I can be thankful that I don’t have a terminal illness.
22. I am thankful that I am able to accept my chronic illnesses and pain. It has made living a lot easier than when I would spend all my energy fighting it.
23. I am thankful for all the wonderful people that I have met via social media that also suffer from chronic pain.
24. I am thankful for being able to take naps when my body demands them.
25. I am thankful for a comfy bed.
26. I am thankful for the time I do get to spend with friends and family.
27. I am thankful for friends and family that don’t feel the need to fix me.
28. I am thankful for maternity clothing even though I am not pregnant. They sure make suffering with abdominal pain a little less painful.
29. I am thankful for food on the table and a roof over my head.
30. And last but not least I am thankful for all that I have experienced in life. The good, the bad, and the ugly, I have learned so much from them all.
What are you thankful for?